Permaculture Master Class: Wet Tropics
In order to secure a space in the Course, full payment must be made before the 5th of August 2017.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The Tropics Master Class is a full in-depth treatment of Chapter 10 of Bill Mollison’s The Permaculture Designer’s Manual.
A certificate from the Permaculture Reserach Institute of Australia will be given for completion of this course.
-Chapter 10 Outline
- Tropical Climates
- Tropical Soils
- Earth Shaping in the Tropics
- House Design in the Tropics
- The Tropical Home Garden
- Integrated Land Management
- Elements of a Village Complex in the Humid Tropics
- Evolving a Polyculture
- Themes on Coconut or Palm Dominant Polyculture
- Animal Tractor Systems
- Grasslands and Range Management
- Humid Tropical Coast Stabilization and Shelterbelt
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Geoff Lawton is a world renowned permaculture consultant, designer and teacher. He first took his Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) Course in 1983 with Bill Mollison, widely considered the “father of permaculture.” Geoff has undertaken thousands of jobs teaching, consulting, designing, administering and implementing, in 6 continents and over 50 countries around the world. Clients have included private individuals, groups, communities, governments, aid organizations, non-government organisations and multinational companies, including:
- Development work from the Greening the Desert projects in Jordan
- Rehydration strategies in the deserts of Hadramaut, Yemen
- Housing projects for the Kurds in Iraq after the war, rebuilding an entire village with 53 straw bale houses
In 1996 he was accredited with the Permaculture Community Services Award by the Permaculture movement for services in Australia and around the world.
He has currently educated over 15,000 students in Permaculture worldwide. These include graduates of the Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) Course and courses focused on the practical design of sustainable soil, water, plant, animal, energy, structures, legal and economic systems.
Geoff has established Permaculture demonstration sites that function as education centres in all the world’s major climates — information on the success of these systems is networked through www.permacultureglobal.org. Geoff established the Permaculture Research Institute and the www.permaculturenews.org website to network mainframe information worldwide.